Based in our Head Office in Portadown, and reporting to the Business Support Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the business with internal processes, in relation to IT hardware & software configuration, and application of same within the business to adopt best practice by means of delivering training and new methods of working to the branch network.
The role will support colleagues in the branch network with being as competent as possible with branch procedures and systems and to develop best practice and common ways of working in conjunction with the other business functional departments and to deliver to branch network new ways of working as they are developed.
Key Results Areas
Ensuring hardware / software issues at branches are dealt with efficiently – to include:
- Ensure branches have correct working equipment – phones/computers/software/printers etc.
- Support branches with co-ordination of hardware/Software issues with helpdesk where required.
- Raising new equipment requests (computers, printers, phones etc).
- Proactive management of own service desk queue, ensure ticket responses are within service level agreements and to the highest quality.
- The timely and accurate logging of user issues/requests into the ticket management system.
- Ensure users are informed on status and progress of incidents logged and ensure that routine tasks need to meet user requirements are undertaken correctly and on time.
- To liaise with the relevant technical teams as required ensuring calls from users are escalated as appropriate in accordance with service level agreements.
- Working closely with the IT Systems Manager to troubleshoot problems and create solutions.
- Co-ordination and set up of new equipment to work with Bassetts specific setup.
- Network infrastructure in branches, support branches where there is no expertise in branch.
- Understand & help branches deal with downtime – liaise with networks.
- New branch set up – co-ordination of IT requirements.
Training (specific to Trading System & Microsoft packages) – to include:
- Standardising training requirements for staff depending on role.
- Supporting users on our ERP system and effective use of enhancements (dashboards, processes…)
- Review/creation of training to aid user system training.
- Supporting Branch Manager’s to ensure completion of training on systems and processes to ensure staff are competent level to fulfil role.
- Review of processes in branch & identify improvement initiatives.
- Implementation & setup in branches of new equipment or processes.
- Communication of best practice and common ways of working.
Support in areas of hardware & software testing applicable to Bassetts business systems, and other ad hoc project work – to include:
- Co-ordination of support on system issues with software provider.
- Ongoing system maintenance as required.
- Monitoring system integrity check reviews / corrections.
- Involvement in new/existing projects within the Business.
- IT literate in systems relevant to role e.g. Distribution systems, Microsoft products, Software / hardware systems.
- Qualification in related subjects and/or strong and demonstrable experience in a similar role (e.g. IT service desk), and/ or sound knowledge of current systems and ways of working within the business, including specific trading systems & hardware.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to provide support to branches on the correct use of business systems.
- Resilience and able to constructively challenge and influence.
- Demonstrate ability to understand business requirements.
- Support the need for change within area of responsibility.
- Ability to understand the needs of users and keep them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Self-motivated and ability to engage with relevant stakeholders to deliver results.
- Clean driving licence